~~Egg Halwa:Recipe For The Dessert lovers~~



Here comes the season of festivities and for food lovers like me no meal is complete without something sweet in the last course…. Keeping in mind the Cadbury Dairy Milk  advertisement where they say “Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye!!!” here i begin.




Wondering why Egg Halwa ??!! Well to answer that I must say that egg is one such thing which can be used to make a versatile amount of dishes... be it spicy or sugary….:D



This is the recipe which I learnt from my Aunt who inspire me most of the time to indulge in such endeavor…

Heading straight to the recipe which I made for 5 peoples!!

Cooking Time: 20mins

Things you need before cooking:

  • Eggs(5-6)
  • Condensed Milk(I used the entire tin of Amul Mithaimate)
  • Milk (50ml)
  • Saffron
  • Green Cardamom around 10-12 cloves
  • Khoa Kheer(50 gms)
  • Ghee(2 Table Spoon)
  • Sugar(5-6 tablespoon, you can skip this if you do not like too your dessert to be so sweet)


What you need to do after this???!!!

  • Take a mixing bowl and break all the eggs into it.
  • Slowly whisk the eggs and make a fine mix.
  • Pour the entire tin of condensed milk in it
  • Add sugar and mix the entire mixture in the bowl.
  • Take another bowl and put warm milk in it
  • Put saffron into the warm milk and let it change colour.
  • Keep the cardamon ready by grinding it into fine powder.



Now let’s start with the cooking:


  • You need to take a non stick kadhai for I am using just two table spoon of ghee and I don’t want my halwa to stick to the pan.
  • Put the ghee into the pan and let it melt.
  • Add the above mixture to the non stick kadhai and stir constantly
  • Keep the flame low as egg might cuddle up and I don’t want that to happen!!
  • When the halwa starts to solidify add the saffron with the milk to it.
  • Also add the Khoa kheer by crushing it into fine powder.
  • Don’t forget to stir the mixture continuously.



After a while the halwa dries up and the ghee comes out of it..That is when you  know that it is done.
The yummilicious sweet halwa is ready!!!!

Transfer the halwa and let it cool for a while…
Yes, its ready now…I garnished it with raisins for I don’t like nuts much…You can use nuts like pistachio and almonds to a garnish your halwa.

You might play a guessing game with your guests and friends and ask them to tell what this dessert is made of!!!

I bet they cannot :D

So why wait!!!!

 Kyu Na Kuch Meetha Ho Jaye!!!? J


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Infallible is the New L'oreal Infallible 24hrs Stay Fresh Foundation?!!!

Walking Out Of The Shell..