Indian Museum

Kolkata'16 is how I see Kolkata in 2016.

This city which I call as "My City" due to the narcissistic tendencies ,have evolved with me or rather I evolved with this City as I have grown with it.

And so today I will share some memories of my Museum Day when I visited the Indian Museum standing mightily since 1814.

Indian Museum Lawn
It was founded by the Asiatic Society of Bengal and possess rare collections of antiques, fossils, archeological excavations, skeleton , paintings by the Mughals, coins and the Mummies which needs a special mention cause that intrigued my the most ;)



Situated in the heart of the city to be specific in Kolkata-16 I chose the Indian Museum to share stories of my city though the pictures.


 History was always my favorite subject and visiting historical places and buildings always tops my list.

Finding so many historical evidences under one roof always excites me. 


The beautiful rendezvous with the past what I experienced in the Indian Museum. They always have something to tell you... Something beyond what could be seen. And those things are left to imaginations and only can be experienced when you visit the place.

Some remnants that have been excavated are still preserved with great care and stands gloriously though years.





                                   



They all have lived though ages and still are very eminent...
 

The Textiles Of Ancient India

The collections of  fossils of dinosaurs is another eminent  division of the museum. 


And while my friend was busy analyzing the human evolution..

I was there to examine the Italian architecture of the building. Which was an abode to so many perceptions and exhibits of the past.  


Indian Museum which is commonly known as "Jadu Ghar"  by all the bengalis is the place is witness to a lot of emotions of the people who visits it. And standing underneath the roof of the Museum and walking though the stairs you will always sense that there are so many stories it wants to tell.



Although there are other stories which the huge collection of the antiques and fossils  might tell you but when it was time for me to end the date with the ancients and the antiques ,I was keen on listening to the other stories that the old building whispers to my ears :)



 So before I finish here are some little facts about the Indian Museum:

Location: 27, Jawaharlal Nehru Rd, Kolkata, West Bengal 700016

Timings: Its closed on Monday, On other days it is open from 10A.M to 5 P.M

Entry Fee: For Indian it is Rs.20 per person and for Foreigners it is Rs. 500 although for babies in arms are free.

Camera: Its free to take camera inside and take photos.

Collection Size: 102,646 (as of March 31, 2004)

 Hence to conclude I would say that the Indian Museum is the live show of the culture, tradition and lifestyle of the past which stands as a firm base to our future. Cause future is just the evolution of our past!!!

Love,
A






















 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How Infallible is the New L'oreal Infallible 24hrs Stay Fresh Foundation?!!!

Exfoliate with Deep Micro Exfoliating Scalp Treatment from Kiehl's!!!!

Triveni Meet and Saree Draping Workshop by Dolly Jain---Review